Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Secret Santa Swap Success

First off, thank you everyone for your well wishes. BF and I felt better in time for our weekend away. Sadly though BF is now hit with a very sore throat. :(

Anyhoo, I want to share with you a little something I've been up to. On Facebook I am a member in a group of amazing women who all share a love for a particular thing. It's weird how much a lot of us seem to have in common. There is absolutely no drama ever and it's just the loveliest group of ladies. When I heard there would be a Secret Santa Swap I signed up right away. Usually I am super picky and like to pick out my own stuff. I think this is part of being a perfectionist and minimalist all in one. Turns out this person who I have never met before picked me out the most amazing gifts. It's like I shopped for myself.

So first here is what she sent me:
So here I have a hilarious card, some purple and lime nail polish, a lime green sugar skull, a Jack from Nightmare before Xmas decoration, Kettle Popcorn and an original piece of her artwork! Wow.

I gave very little info about myself.. I guess she could have stalked me a bit in the group but seriously she got me bang on. Popcorn is my favorite food ever!! This one happens to be sweet which I don't like but still.. favorite food. Purple toes are the cutest thing ever. Lime is my favorite color. Sugar skulls I adore! I have a skull collection. I FREAK over Nightmare before Xmas. 

For my birthday BF gave me the 3D Blueray Nightmare Before Xmas and I cried like a baby for about 20 minutes in front of guests. So stinking happy! There is a cute story for the skulls too. When we moved to Quebec I was busy unpacking and decorating. Bf's nephews came over and asked BF "why is Ashley decorating for Halloween in July?' BF replied "In Ashley's world its always Halloween". At first I was confused but the I realized it was because of my skulls. Love em!


 Here is what I gave my Secret Santa girl (not the same person). She hasn't received it yet that I know of so this is the only place I can share my giddiness. Our price limit was $20.

 A pair of rocking zebra socks, 3 bath beads in her favorite scent, chocolate, wine glass markers (moustaches), a compact mirror with an image on it that is an icon in our group (total fluke I found this), a bottle cap magnet with her favorite game image on it, a rice key chain I made in her favorite color with a skull that she likes.
 A close up of the key chain with her name on it. One of my favorite crafts to do.
Bottle Cap Magnet. This picture is kind of crap, as is the above of the key chain because I took them at night). This is the first one I've ever made. I used the wrong paper type for this but I can't wait to make more.
 The inside of the card I made. I used a quote from her that she had left in the group.

So fun! What do you think? I can't wait until my person receives hers. I've already posted and thanked my person a million times over. It's my first swap with people I have never met. I think I did pretty good for $20 as I was able to make some of the gifts. I can't wait to do another swap!



5 comments:

  1. Love all the good stuff you got & sent!! Looks like it was a wonderful swap!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I need those wine glass markers :{)

    Care packages are the most fun thing to receive in the mail. I have received 2 since I started blogging and I just love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! It's PLANTS VS ZOMBIES!! I LOVE THAT GAME!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Each one feels like a beautifully wrapped gift under the Christmas tree.